Sunday, June 24, 2012

I've Just Worked On... A Holiday!

My partner and I have just returned from a well deserved 5 week holiday to North America. New York for 11 nights, Montreal for 3, Winnipeg for 7, Banff for 2, Calgary for 2, Vancouver for 3, then Los Angeles for 5. We didn't have enough time in any city, but especially not New York or LA.

I was naturally listening to and notating every accent I could and recording all that I could so part of the trip was work for me, plus I met some industry types in Vancouver and LA. In New York on the PATH train system which goes between Jersey and Manhattan, a fabulous New York accent delivered an announcement in a flat drawl: "Your attention please. Your attention... please. We are working hard to keep you safe on PATH everyday." The words "working hard" were my favourite.
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment